Here you can get a full list of all of our definitions throughout the platform. You may click on the term to go to its full help document with more information.
- Traffic Score
- The Traffic Score (out of 10) determines how often this specific Keyword is search within the App Store. A higher Traffic score means more people are searching this term and more people will see the apps ranking for this keyword. The traffic score is on a logarithmic scale (base 10) from 0 - 10, with 10 being the highest amount of traffic towards a single keyword.
- Difficulty Score
- The Difficulty score (out of 10) determines how hard it is for an app to be ranked at the top for this keyword. A lower difficulty score means it will be easier to rank in the top search results when this keyword is searched. The difficulty score is on a logarithmic scale (base 10) from 0 - 10, with 10 being the highest amount of difficulty.
- Install Range
- Google Play Store defines Install Events as the number of times an app was installed, including devices on which the app had been installed previously. This does not include pre-installs or device reactivations. Google Play Store measures app's install events and publishes the amount of installations an app has.
- Keyword Downloads
- Search Ads
- My Sales Metrics & My App Analytics Definitions
- Apple App Store Metrics
- Apple App Store Metrics
- The Download metric that is tracked in our Store Intelligence platform is the unique download per iOS or Google Play account.
- Sensor Tower utilizes Net Revenue as our metric for measuring app earnings. Our App Store and Google Play revenue is Net; as estimates reflect app's gross revenue minus 30%, which is the base amount Apple and Google take from all app purchases. Our revenue estimates include spending on paid apps, in-app purchases, and in-app subscriptions.
- RPD (Revenue per Download)
- Revenue Per Download (RPD) is a measurement of an app’s performance available in App Analysis of Store Intelligence. RPD represents cumulative revenue divided by cumulative downloads, or simply put: RPD is the average revenue that an app earns per download.
- Align By Launch
- Align by Launch is a feature of Store Intel App Analysis. It is a data visualization option that shows Revenue, Downloads, or Revenue Per Download, aligned to each app's worldwide launch day.
- Retention is defined as the percent of users who have a session with an application “x” days after installation. “Day 1” is the day after the application was installed. "Day 2" is the following day and the percentage chance a user will have a session on the second day of having the app installed on their device.
- Our Demographics metric measures the ages and gender breakups of an application’s users. We spilt these ages ranges up into 0 – 17, 18 – 24, 25 – 34, 35 – 44, 45 – 54, and 55+.
- Increased Chance of Use
- The Increased Chance of Use metric shows how more likely an app is to be used, by these users compared to the typical user. If the typical user has a 20% chance of using an app, but has Increased Chance of Use of 10%, that user now has a 30% chance of using that app.
- Soft Launched App
- A Soft Launched app is any app that hasn't been fully released to the Global market and is still being 'tested' in specific markets. Our Global Fields section can provide more information towards how we organize these apps.
- Sensor Score
- The Sensor Score ranks the general performance of an app within either the App Store or the Google Play Store. It's similar to the Visibility Score but has a few more metrics that we take into account from features within our platform, including visibility score, category rankings, keyword rankings, review history, and more.