With Sensor Tower’s Custom Alerts, you will be notified whenever your app gets featured in app stores. When a Custom Alert for featuring is set up, you will receive an email with featuring details including type, location, and placement in the featuring list. You can see an example of one of these Custom Alerts below:
Set Up a Custom Alert to Track Featuring
To create a new Custom Alert to track Featuring, follow these steps below.
This example will show how to create a featuring alert for the “Clash Royale” and “Toon Blast” apps:
- Once logged in to Sensor Tower, click on the Bell icon (🔔 ) in the upper right corner next to your username.
- Click on the Add New Alert under App Alerts on the Configure Custom Alerts page. If you have already created a custom alert, you may have to navigate to the Configure page.
- On the ChooseType of Alert to Track page, type in and select the “Clash Royale” and “Toon Blast” apps. Also, choose the App Store as preferred store. Then click Next. Ensure App is selected at the top.
- On the Select Metric to Use for Alert page, scroll down to the Features section and select Games Features, and click Next.
- For both the App Store and Google Play: Important Featured Rankings, Featured Rankings options are available. The Important Featured Rankings alert triggers when an app is featured with a hero banner.
- For the App Store Only: Today Features, Games Features, Apps Features options are available. These alerts trigger when an app is featured in the Today/Games/Apps Tab of Apple’s App Store (iOS 11 or later).
- Select the U.S. as the country. This will ensure you will only be notified of features that occur within the U.S. App Store. Then select the Time Period of when you’d like to receive the alert and click Next. You need to type in the number of featured rankings per-app required to trigger the alert. 1 is the minimum.
- On the next page, name your alert, make sure the email notification is toggled to On and connect your Slack account if you would like to receive direct notifications about new features to your Slack. Then click Finish.
You can add multiple custom alerts and edit any of your custom alerts on the Configure Custom Alerts page. Using this tool to track featuring allows you to stay up-to-date with less effort. You can also use this tool to track your competitor’s featuring updates and shape your own featuring strategies.