The Top Apps module of Store Intelligence gives an overall view of the most successful apps, in terms of downloads or revenue, for a selected time period for the App Store, Google Play or both (Unified view).
This section supplies data for the top 10,000 apps in Apple’s or Google’s respective App Store platforms for a selected time period that can be broken down by filters (Category, Country, and Device) and viewed in graphs and customizable columns. You can select App Store, Google Play, or Unified to see the top apps with most downloads or revenue in each store separately or both stores combined.
There are three options within the Top Apps Feature to view this data from different angles:
- Absolute: The app with the most downloads/revenue in the currently selected date range will be listed first.
- Growth: The Growth View orders these apps by apps with the largest increase in downloads or revenue for the current time period, as compared to its prior time period. The apps with the largest "growth" since its last time period will be ranked first.
- Growth Percentage: Currently selected time period's value, divided by the prior same time period's value. The app that has the highest percentage of growth will be listed first.
Because new apps are published in app stores on a regular basis, the "leaders" for Store Intelligence Growth Percentage will generally be the newest applications in the currently selected store. If you see an app with very low downloads in the prior time period, the app is probably new and the growth percentage will be quite large. We filter out tiny apps so that they do not dominate the data available.
Below is a view of Top Apps by Absolute downloads over the selected time period in the App Store.
The table below the graph with the exact data in customizable columns. This is sorted by Absolute/Growth/Growth % of Downloads or Revenue. You can add or remove columns in Configure Selected Columns to decide the exact view.
This section enables you to understand top-ranking apps and how their performance is in a given time, find your app's position and top apps within the same category, and discover growing apps in a specific market. Use Top Apps to stay ahead of the curve for the next big mobile trends!
Driving Value with Custom and Global Fields in Top Apps
Top Apps is incredibly useful for finding top app performers by downloads and revenue but sometimes we want to filter down these apps even further past just the very top. Sensor Tower has implemented additional Custom fields and Global fields which enable you to further filter down these top apps to the exact view you may be interested in.
Top Apps allows you to find the top apps across the App Store, the Google Play Store, or a combination of the two, which we call the Unified View.
- Unified Filtering allows you to include all versions of a unified app if at least one of them is included by the filters you've set. When you engage the Include Unified Apps toggle, then all unified sub-apps will be populated in the chart and table if at least one of the sub-apps is included.
- With the Exact Filtering toggle engaged, only the sub-apps that are naturally included by the filters will be populated on in the chart and table. (This is a similar view to just looking at the App Store or the Google Play Store)
- You can access the Unified Filtering toggle by clicking on Display all Fields
- This feature is only supported on the Store Intelligence - Top Apps Unified view.
Top Apps will only include apps with more than 1000 All-Time Worldwide downloads. For download and revenue information on apps with less than 1000 All-Time Worldwide Downloads, please use App Analysis instead.