Churn Analysis allows you to understand how the world's biggest apps are growing and retaining users over time. You can analyze how specific business and product decisions impact user retention and churn rates as well as assessing the health of a specific app over time. Benchmark performance by segmenting Active Users to better understand how many new users, retained users, resurrected users, and churned users are on an app each month.
Churn Analysis includes two new modules:
- App Comparison to enable you to understand app engagement and churn behavior.
- User Breakdown to segment monthly active users (MAUs) of an app based on usage: retained users, resurrected users, new users, and churned users. This allows you to understand how you can improve your business and product strategies to keep users engaged and active on your app.
- Churned User: A user that was active on the app the previous month, but did not register a session during the current month. For example, if a user is active on the app in April, but does not register a session in May, they are considered a Churned User. This is calculated month over month.
- Active User: A user that has at least one session in the specified time period.
- Resurrected User: A user who is active in the current period (month), was not active in the previous period (month), and was also active at some point before that.
- New User: A user that did not use the app in the last period, but used it in the current period.